What Did You Do to Your Hotrod Today?

General auto enthusiast topics...

Moderators: RichardA, DEALER1, Prin

Nemo
ROLL TIDE

Re: What Did You Do to Your Hotrod Today?

Post by Nemo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:31 am

CAMARO-MAC wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:01 am
Camaro6.com has a bunch of threads on the different exhaust setups. The crushed section was for the extra bracing for the convertibles and really does not hurt anything performance wise. And you are correct if you want to keep the NPP functionality Borla and the other systems are crazy money just for an axel back. Kind of glad mine is the non NPP single dual tip setup so I went with AWE and the big thing is it has 0 drone.
I don't mind spending the cash for quality/and what I want. Hell I have $1500 brakes on my $3000 car lol.

I like the NPP especially around cops and cold start ups. The car will shake the pictures in the kitchen if it's in track mode lol

CAMARO-MAC
Sr. Postwhore

Post by CAMARO-MAC » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:46 am

Yeah cold start up used to worry me when I parked it outside. Now that it is in the garage I don't mind. I just think some of the companies charge way too much for 2 mufflers and bent tubing. That is just me. Let me know what you decide on getting, I would like to hear it in person.

Nemo
ROLL TIDE

Post by Nemo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:33 pm

CAMARO-MAC wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:46 am
Yeah cold start up used to worry me when I parked it outside. Now that it is in the garage I don't mind. I just think some of the companies charge way too much for 2 mufflers and bent tubing. That is just me. Let me know what you decide on getting, I would like to hear it in person.
If I don't like the pipe fix and 2nd cat delete I am gonna do a catback exhaust with NPP

Hodgdon Extreme
Jr. Postwhore

Post by Hodgdon Extreme » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:40 pm

CAMARO-MAC wrote:
Camaro6.com has a bunch of threads on the different exhaust setups. The crushed section was for the extra bracing for the convertibles and really does not hurt anything performance wise.
Two thoughts:

1. We're in the middle of an (awesome) horsepower war. I don't think GM would have crushed the exhaust that way if it meant leaving 10+ free hp laying on the table.

2. If it indeed doesn't hurt power, I'd leave it, and install the convertible bracing to further stiffen up my coupe.

maireeka
I absolutely have no life

Post by maireeka » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:24 pm

I'm about halfway through turbocharging the miata as a covid 19 project. Supermiata clutch, got it running on megasquirt, deleted afm and learned the basics of tuning. I am ordering bigger injectors this week. After the subsequent retune it'll be time to take it down for the actual turbo install. Tuning is hard! I have a lot of respect for the real tuners on this forum.
IMG_20200708_185253_010.jpg
IMG_20200708_185253_010.jpg (1.76 MiB) Viewed 114 times
Miata, wrx, 4runner

Patrick

CAMARO-MAC
Sr. Postwhore

Post by CAMARO-MAC » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:49 pm

Hodgdon Extreme wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:40 pm
CAMARO-MAC wrote:
Camaro6.com has a bunch of threads on the different exhaust setups. The crushed section was for the extra bracing for the convertibles and really does not hurt anything performance wise.
Two thoughts:

1. We're in the middle of an (awesome) horsepower war. I don't think GM would have crushed the exhaust that way if it meant leaving 10+ free hp laying on the table.

2. If it indeed doesn't hurt power, I'd leave it, and install the convertible bracing to further stiffen up my coupe.
GM sees it as a way to save money. Why make 2 different exhaust systems for the coupe vs the vert. The crushed exhaust section has been beaten like a dead horse on Camaro6.com . You are not going to notice the difference between the crushed section and replacing it like some guys have and to me it is not even worth the trouble to screw with it. If I want a few more ponies I will just let Clyde Carlson take it and work his magic. 455 HP is enough to get this old bastard in trouble:)

CAMARO-MAC
Sr. Postwhore

Post by CAMARO-MAC » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:51 pm

maireeka wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:24 pm
I'm about halfway through turbocharging the miata as a covid 19 project. Supermiata clutch, got it running on megasquirt, deleted afm and learned the basics of tuning. I am ordering bigger injectors this week. After the subsequent retune it'll be time to take it down for the actual turbo install. Tuning is hard! I have a lot of respect for the real tuners on this forum.IMG_20200708_185253_010.jpg
Nice job Patrick!

maireeka

Post by maireeka » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:09 pm

CAMARO-MAC wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:51 pm
Nice job Patrick!
I got bored in qt and this is what happens. I'll be just like nemo, 6k deep in a $3k car 😂
Miata, wrx, 4runner

Patrick

Nemo
ROLL TIDE

Post by Nemo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:30 pm

maireeka wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:09 pm
CAMARO-MAC wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:51 pm
Nice job Patrick!
I got bored in qt and this is what happens. I'll be just like nemo, 6k deep in a $3k car 😂
Fuuuuuuuu I wish I was only 6K deep lol

maireeka

Post by maireeka » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:31 pm

My condolences!
Miata, wrx, 4runner

Patrick

vehicular

Post by vehicular » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:46 pm

I left the company I was working for, and the car has been mostly on hold.

I got the aluminum sleeves out of the floor pan with the nuclear option (hammer to the side of the sleeve, risking damaging the fittings in the floor pan; they seem to be ok...). I cleaned/ pressure washed all the stuff that came out from under the car, and I got all the reinforcement plates and alignment parts for the subframes welded in. I'm in the process of coating everything in POR15. That stuff is great, but it kind of sucks to work with.

I still need to order a set of tires for the new wheels, a sway bar set, and a few small parts. Possibly a rear hub.

With all my free time I'm in the process of liquidating a bunch of the random stuff I've collected, and I'm working on an E30 grille shop light, and some other models as I work out the kinks on these... So that's what I'm doing on my hotrods :/

OMGWTFBODY

Post by OMGWTFBODY » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:31 am

vehicular wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:46 pm
I left the company I was working for, and the car has been mostly on hold.

I got the aluminum sleeves out of the floor pan with the nuclear option (hammer to the side of the sleeve, risking damaging the fittings in the floor pan; they seem to be ok...). I cleaned/ pressure washed all the stuff that came out from under the car, and I got all the reinforcement plates and alignment parts for the subframes welded in. I'm in the process of coating everything in POR15. That stuff is great, but it kind of sucks to work with.

I still need to order a set of tires for the new wheels, a sway bar set, and a few small parts. Possibly a rear hub.

With all my free time I'm in the process of liquidating a bunch of the random stuff I've collected, and I'm working on an E30 grille shop light, and some other models as I work out the kinks on these... So that's what I'm doing on my hotrods :/

If you can make that functional (Good Lights), I would probably buy one for the right price. :boobies:
STeeL wrote:Not a bad price for unlimited dicks.

TT540
I donated to hsvracing.com!

Post by TT540 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:49 am

Advanced Auto has 20% off with no minimum purchase amount. Use promo code EM20JULY3 on your online purchase. Offer valid through 7/19/2020.

Spam to some, useful to others.

Nemo
ROLL TIDE

Post by Nemo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:16 pm

TT540 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:49 am
Advanced Auto has 20% off with no minimum purchase amount. Use promo code EM20JULY3 on your online purchase. Offer valid through 7/19/2020.

Spam to some, useful to others.
Yeah I used that to get my oil and filter. Plus they had $15 off if you buy more than one Mobil 1 five quart jug.

Went from almost $90 to $62.

vehicular

Post by vehicular » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:02 pm

OMGWTFBODY wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:31 am

If you can make that functional (Good Lights), I would probably buy one for the right price. :boobies:
She'll chooch.