1st Wednesday at Providence June Meet

Car shows, Meets, etc.

Moderators: RichardA, DEALER1, Prin

Gorkoracing
I donated to hsvracing.com!

Post by Gorkoracing » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:56 am

awebb wrote:Man, that was one AWESOME show! Literally had everything, the venue was perfect, temperature was right, and we even had some live music...
Good Meeting you Austin, though we only got a chance to chat briefly before I went to help Cody with parking.'

Had a great time and was good seeing everyone out there. got stuck in Mellow Mushroom for a while so didnt even get a chance to walk around and check out everyones car and say hi to the folks I knew were out there but still had fun.

Oh and guess what? He can't be called OMGIDONTFITINALOTUS no more

awebb
I absolutely have no life

Post by awebb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:12 am

^Good meeting you to Gorko!
Michael V wrote:Was it the guy that had the Nsx? The tag read Senna!! Sharp car...
Yep same guy.
Austin

BlkGTI
I need to post more

Post by BlkGTI » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:20 am

It was good meeting all you guys. I had to leave early but still had a great time. Thanks to Samir and Cody for keeping the parking under control.

racinfast002
Special Tool

Post by racinfast002 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:26 am

I had a blast. Wish I could have stayed longer, but the wife needed me at home. It looked like an excellent turnout and I am very impressed. Good job guys
JUSTIN
Krispy Kreme wrote:Yall think I don't get girls. Cause I ain't very tall, but if she sees my stacks I'd bet you that she'd call.

awebb

Post by awebb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:35 am

BlkGTI wrote:It was good meeting all you guys. I had to leave early but still had a great time. Thanks to Samir and Cody for keeping the parking under control.
You were the guy parked next to the Forester?
Austin

BlkGTI
I need to post more

Post by BlkGTI » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:07 am

awebb wrote:
BlkGTI wrote:It was good meeting all you guys. I had to leave early but still had a great time. Thanks to Samir and Cody for keeping the parking under control.
You were the guy parked next to the Forester?
Yep that was me.

GoFastTSI_
Sr. Postwhore

Post by GoFastTSI_ » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:28 am

It was a great time and was good meeting some of you I hadn't met before. Definitely an eclectic mix of vehicles which should appeal to anyone attending. It is awesome seeing such a diverse group of auto enthusiasts (import to exotic to old school) getting together to talk cars. Big thanks to Cody, Samir, and everyone else involved with putting this together!
Joe
2009 MB SL65 700hp/900tq
2004 Ferrari 360 Spider (sold)
2006 Dodge Viper Copperhead Coupe (sold)

66ChevelleTT

Post by 66ChevelleTT » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:28 am

Hated to miss this one. Rolled through in my truck and it looked like a huge turnout. See y'all next month!
Dave
a couple of mustangs and some old chebbysImage

Samir
Sr. Postwhore

Post by Samir » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:31 am

Michael V wrote:Was it the guy that had the Nsx? The tag read Senna!! Sharp car...
He actually has a Ferrari as well. He's in charge of the Dunlop test track here in Huntsville. Really nice guy that I've known for year. I'm working with him on having one of the Nissan meets out there. 8)
Pics and videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com, hsv.streetracing.org
Pics of the Huntsville Night Life: www.thetoe.cc

Samir
Sr. Postwhore

Post by Samir » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:33 am

Thank you for coming! See you next month. 8)
Pics and videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com, hsv.streetracing.org

MarkuzLS1
I should help pay for bandwidth

Post by MarkuzLS1 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:44 am

I'll be there next month. Awesome time.

J.R.

Post by J.R. » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:45 am

Samir!!!!!!! Nissan Hell.........what about a vette meeting!!!! Open track.
Jeff

Because........I'm the Crypt Keeper Bitch!

Samir
Sr. Postwhore

Post by Samir » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:57 pm

2001ls6 wrote:Samir!!!!!!! Nissan Hell.........what about a vette meeting!!!! Open track.
I don't think that could happen for a couple of reasons.

One, the Nissan meet was suggested by a manager there that has a twin-turbo 350z and came to one of the monthly Nissan meets. I'm just following up on his idea.

And the second is that track time is out of the question for anyone including the Nissans. Dunlop's track is an active tire testing facility and the mixture of other rubber causes problems with their testing process. The only organization that has ever had cars on this track is the Ferrari Club and that's been for a charity event for kids. This event has also not taken place for a fe years now.

Samir
Sr. Postwhore

Post by Samir » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Now, a track day at little Talladega can be had for as little as $150/ea during a weekday. That's a nice track too.

LagoGarda

Post by LagoGarda » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:11 am

2001ls6 wrote:Samir!!!!!!! Nissan Hell.........what about a vette meeting!!!! Open track.
I take it you missed Talledega the Sat before Memorial Day.
2ea. 5 lap runs for like $100
vets4vettes or vettes4vets does it every year but it's limited
to like 150 or 200 cars.
Rick