Dyno Day @ Trackmasters

Car shows, Meets, etc.

Moderators: DEALER1, RichardA, Prin

Buzzmanb12
Sr. Postwhore
Posts: 1730
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:11 pm

Post by Buzzmanb12 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:15 am

Alan Minga wrote:Wonder what a bench would dyno?
An HSV Bench?
BuzzMobile MODS: U of A license plate frame,a sticker and some other goodies.
MODS Needed: Better DRIVER! haha.

User avatar
Alan Minga
I absolutely have no life
Posts: 10849
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:18 am
Location: In Lacey's Spring's Watching Matlock
Contact:

Post by Alan Minga » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:18 am

Buzzmanb12 wrote:
Alan Minga wrote:Wonder what a bench would dyno?
An HSV Bench?
Is there any other kind?
Alan Minga

"I have a quote tunnel and I'm not afraid to use it"

Image

Buzzmanb12
Sr. Postwhore
Posts: 1730
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:11 pm

Post by Buzzmanb12 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:21 am

An HSV Bench would not dyno, it would only talk about it.
BuzzMobile MODS: U of A license plate frame,a sticker and some other goodies.
MODS Needed: Better DRIVER! haha.

User avatar
Defender
Biggest Post Whore Ever!
Posts: 4451
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:05 am

Post by Defender » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:22 am

Buzzmanb12 wrote:An HSV Bench would not dyno, it would only talk about it.
:lol:
Image

Buzzmanb12
Sr. Postwhore
Posts: 1730
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:11 pm

Post by Buzzmanb12 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:34 am

HSV Benches are made out of CRAWFISH shells.
BuzzMobile MODS: U of A license plate frame,a sticker and some other goodies.
MODS Needed: Better DRIVER! haha.

Michael V
I donated to hsvracing.com!
Posts: 7223
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:23 pm
Location: 35802

Post by Michael V » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:43 am

Buzzmanb12 wrote:Not worked up about a dyno at all, it's the use of someones name associated with it by someone with NO experience using that dyno as a comparison tool. I use that dyno and can say with proof that it does not give inflated numbers.
If Rob wants to dog Monte then he he needs to point at Monte and not Lane.
When did Rob dog Monte? In this thread? :|

Buzzmanb12
Sr. Postwhore
Posts: 1730
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:11 pm

Post by Buzzmanb12 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:45 am

OMGWTFBODY wrote:It would make 1249 on Lane's dyno.
Here.
BuzzMobile MODS: U of A license plate frame,a sticker and some other goodies.
MODS Needed: Better DRIVER! haha.

Beckham2
I absolutely have no life
Posts: 13259
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:37 am
Location: Huntsville

Post by Beckham2 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:47 am

Alan Minga wrote:Wonder what a bench would dyno?
Lane's dyno it would be 4 people.

Trackmasters would be 2.
Image

Buzzmanb12
Sr. Postwhore
Posts: 1730
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:11 pm

Post by Buzzmanb12 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:50 am

Beckham2 wrote:
Alan Minga wrote:Wonder what a bench would dyno?
Lane's dyno it would be 4 peoplepower.

Trackmasters would be 2 peoplepower.
FIXED
BuzzMobile MODS: U of A license plate frame,a sticker and some other goodies.
MODS Needed: Better DRIVER! haha.

User avatar
OMGWTFBODY
I absolutely have no life
Posts: 27819
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: I don't even know anymore

Post by OMGWTFBODY » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:15 am

Buzzmanb12 wrote:
OMGWTFBODY wrote:It would make 1249 on Lane's dyno.
Here.
I'm not dogging Lane at all. I've used the dyno before, and I would again.


I think it was dead on with my numbers. :oops:
STeeL wrote:Not a bad price for unlimited dicks.

User avatar
AGearHead4Life
Jr. Postwhore
Posts: 724
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:07 am
Location: Madison
Contact:

Post by AGearHead4Life » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:20 pm

Buzzmanb12 wrote:Not worked up about a dyno at all, it's the use of someones name associated with it by someone with NO experience using that dyno as a comparison tool. se that dyno and can say with proof that it does not give inflated numbers.
If Rob want to dog Monte then he he needs to point at Monte and not Lane.
I'm with this guy. Gotta be careful when you're throwing around words that can effect a man's business and for no reason. Hard evidence of something wrong, then go for it. Do you have or ever considerd owning a business? How would you appreciate people saying that your results were fluffed?
87 Chevy Truck - 5.3/4L80E
84 C10- 5.3, LS6 Cam, 4L80E, Ported Heads 329rwhp/334tq !! STOLEN !! 2-15-13 North AL
92 Camaro- LSx 5.3 "Squirter Project" T56 327rwhp/307tq

More on Me Click Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/AGearHead4Life

User avatar
chevy408
I donated to hsvracing.com!
Posts: 6153
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:24 pm

Post by chevy408 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:31 pm

If my Nova dyno's over 500 rwhp on Arthur's dyno I'm going to advertise it as a "happy dyno".

User avatar
AGearHead4Life
Jr. Postwhore
Posts: 724
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:07 am
Location: Madison
Contact:

Post by AGearHead4Life » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:45 pm

chevy408 wrote:If my Nova dyno's over 500 rwhp on Arthur's dyno I'm going to advertise it as a "happy dyno".
I'm with the 700-800rwhp on you sir...
87 Chevy Truck - 5.3/4L80E
84 C10- 5.3, LS6 Cam, 4L80E, Ported Heads 329rwhp/334tq !! STOLEN !! 2-15-13 North AL
92 Camaro- LSx 5.3 "Squirter Project" T56 327rwhp/307tq

More on Me Click Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/AGearHead4Life

Beckham2
I absolutely have no life
Posts: 13259
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:37 am
Location: Huntsville

Post by Beckham2 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:38 pm

AGearHead4Life wrote: I'm with this guy. Gotta be careful when you're throwing around words that can effect a man's business and for no reason. Hard evidence of something wrong, then go for it. Do you have or ever considerd owning a business? How would you appreciate people saying that your results were fluffed?
Wouldn't "fluffed" results be a good thing for him? IF his dyno does indeed read higher, wouldn't that bring him more business if he is tuning on that dyno?

This is ALL hypothetical, but it's really not as bad as you two are saying it is.
Image

User avatar
J.R.
I absolutely have no life
Posts: 9879
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:03 pm
Location: Alabama

Post by J.R. » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Beckham2 wrote:
AGearHead4Life wrote: I'm with this guy. Gotta be careful when you're throwing around words that can effect a man's business and for no reason. Hard evidence of something wrong, then go for it. Do you have or ever considerd owning a business? How would you appreciate people saying that your results were fluffed?
Wouldn't "fluffed" results be a good thing for him? IF his dyno does indeed read higher, wouldn't that bring him more business if he is tuning on that dyno?

This is ALL hypothetical, but it's really not as bad as you two are saying it is.
Mmmmmm.....yes. It is a bad thing. It's like saying the stuff you sale, stereos, speakers, etc, are not "up to snuff". If you say a system puts out 500w and then someone says that its really only 450w, it would give someone else who is thinking about buying one of your systems pause and possibly shop else where. I know Lane, but I don't know Trackmasters. But is that gonna stop me from carrying my truck to either one? No. Trackmasters has a good record of doing what they do. So does Lane. But from my end of it, Lane would be more based in overall performance where Trackmasters is more for the average fella, like me. I just want to see where my truck is on the tune. And if there instruments might be able to help me know that. That's why I'm going tomorrow.
Jeff

Because........I'm the Crypt Keeper Bitch!

Post Reply