RIP D C

These lost lives were more than just members, but friends to many, family to others, and a part of our lives, even if only through posts on a website.

Moderators: DEALER1, RichardA, Prin

EvilZ
I absolutely have no life

Post by EvilZ » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:45 am

Hatch wrote:RIP

We just went past his place on Sat and my 7yo daughter noticed the mystery machine and thought it was so cool
I thought that was beyond cool as well anytime he’d bring it to first Wednesday it was always a hit with kids.

He was hands down one of the nices people I’ve ever met. I’d always make it a point to talk with him anytime I saw him and he never seemed down and out. I just hate this for his wife and kids. I can’t even begin to process what that must be like.

It really makes you step back and think about what people you meet on a day to day basis might be dealing with.
401k Racing - Like us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/401kracing

WhippledSnake
Sr. Postwhore

Post by WhippledSnake » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:55 am

Only had one dealing with him and he was super nice. Hate to hear this.

AnthonyRSS
I should help pay for bandwidth

Post by AnthonyRSS » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:02 am

Him and his family are salt of the earth. This hurts.

OMGWTFBODY

Post by OMGWTFBODY » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:05 am

I'm planning on being there to show support. I never really interacted with him outside of various car events and Facebook, but I have a tremendous respect for him and his family.

I'm here if any of you guys ever need anything. I'm still working to process this one.
STeeL wrote:Not a bad price for unlimited dicks.

STeeL
I donated to hsvracing.com!

Post by STeeL » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:19 am

We didn't hang out or anything, but we've commented back and forth on each others posts for years now. Super nice and funny guy. Always though we had a bunch of things in common :\

I'll be there to show my support. If anyone is collecting money, I can help there too.
- Jonathan, CUDOS (Communalism, Universalism, Disinterestedness, and Organized Skepticism)
Those who are governed by reason desire nothing for themselves which they do not also desire for the rest of humankind.

SHARK
I donated to hsvracing.com!

Post by SHARK » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:30 am

Dustin leaves a void in our community and in so many lives it is beyond my ability to comprehend. I am sure that any monetary collection we take up would be appreciated and well used. But I feel to my soul what that family would want is for us to do a little better in our daily lives and for the rest of our lives to replace the love and kindness that Dustin showed towards his fellow man every day without expectation of compensation. So many people owed him favors or respected him or just knew the world was a little less dark of a place to exist in because there were people like him. He radiated friendship in a way that made a man feel humble to be around him. Never in a he is better than me way, but in an inspirational way that made you want to be a better person. I never saw him accept honors or acclaim for who he was or what he did even though he certainly earned and deserved them. He quietly sewed this earth with the seeds of friendship never looking back to see what crops there were to harvest because he seemed to have so much more than he needed. I have wept now knowing he did this while all along he was starving. When you tried to repay him or do anything for him he seemed so genuinely thankful because I believe he simply never kept a ledger of his kindnesses. He never kept score.

He died with the ledger between us strongly in his favor and that weighs on me. I owed him so many favors and kindnesses from when my leg was broken and just the 7 years he was my neighbor that I cannot even begin to count them. I know Dustin would say I don't owe him nothing, it's just what neighbors do, but that just isn't good enough for me on this one. I will repay them to the world and his family as best as I can if God so blesses me the opportunity.
94 Sierra Z71
83 F100 lifelong project
10 Sierra Z71 Crew (kid hauler)

EvilDylan
Die Won

Post by EvilDylan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:56 am

Horrible. I've met him once and he left a great impression on me. I'll have his family in my thoughts.
poop with wheels

OMGWTFBODY

Post by OMGWTFBODY » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:34 am

SHARK wrote:Dustin leaves a void in our community and in so many lives it is beyond my ability to comprehend. I am sure that any monetary collection we take up would be appreciated and well used. But I feel to my soul what that family would want is for us to do a little better in our daily lives and for the rest of our lives to replace the love and kindness that Dustin showed towards his fellow man every day without expectation of compensation. So many people owed him favors or respected him or just knew the world was a little less dark of a place to exist in because there were people like him. He radiated friendship in a way that made a man feel humble to be around him. Never in a he is better than me way, but in an inspirational way that made you want to be a better person. I never saw him accept honors or acclaim for who he was or what he did even though he certainly earned and deserved them. He quietly sewed this earth with the seeds of friendship never looking back to see what crops there were to harvest because he seemed to have so much more than he needed. I have wept now knowing he did this while all along he was starving. When you tried to repay him or do anything for him he seemed so genuinely thankful because I believe he simply never kept a ledger of his kindnesses. He never kept score.

He died with the ledger between us strongly in his favor and that weighs on me. I owed him so many favors and kindnesses from when my leg was broken and just the 7 years he was my neighbor that I cannot even begin to count them. I know Dustin would say I don't owe him nothing, it's just what neighbors do, but that just isn't good enough for me on this one. I will repay them to the world and his family as best as I can if God so blesses me the opportunity.
Dammit man. Why'd you have to bring onions.

:cry:
STeeL wrote:Not a bad price for unlimited dicks.

Misled
King 1
Location: New Market , where the men are men and the sheep are nervous

Post by Misled » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:52 am

RIP young man.
And condolences to the family.

awebb

Post by awebb » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:21 pm

WHAT THE HELLL!?
Austin

boatman
Sr. Postwhore

Post by boatman » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:47 pm

Damn. You just never know. I’m pretty quiet on the board these days, but still read the forum daily. I met Dustin a few times buying and selling stuff with each other. Absolute great dude and seemed to be one of the happiest go lucky people I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting. Thoughts and prayers for the family......

caspernicus
I have no life

Post by caspernicus » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:47 pm

We doing a cruise in or what? I’ll be in one of my two ton heffers regardless.
--Daniel

AnthonyRSS
I should help pay for bandwidth

Post by AnthonyRSS » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:10 pm

I will probably drive the camaro.

Wilson!

Post by Wilson! » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:14 pm

Maybe i’ll ride the Victory.

Petro

Post by Petro » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:36 pm

Don’t have a cool ride but Id like to show my support of him
"Greater Love Hath No Man Than This, That A Man Lay Down His Life For His Friends" John 15:13
R.I.P. Brothers In Arms
“When you can do the common things of life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.” -George Washington Carver