Audi RS6 Avant Wagon coming stateside

General auto enthusiast topics...

Moderators: DEALER1, RichardA, Prin

Post Reply
User avatar
core-rider
Sr. Postwhore
Posts: 1053
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:59 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Audi RS6 Avant Wagon coming stateside

Post by core-rider » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:03 am

And now I’m trying to figure out how to afford it!!! 591HP twin turbo V8 with 48 volt hybrid system.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2874 ... otos-info/
Jason L.
Black '93 Lightning #439
Built 2/16/1993
Wakefactory.net Co-founder

User avatar
Nemo
ROLL TIDE
Posts: 22298
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:41 am
Location: Meridianville AL

Post by Nemo » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:08 am

Just wait about 5 years and you can pick it up for 30k.
Image

mastawyrm
Sr. Postwhore
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:12 pm
Location: Ardmore

Post by mastawyrm » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:34 am

Nemo wrote:Just wait about 5 years and you can pick it up for 30k.
Hell yeah, get em immediately after the first owner was disgusted with the timing chain bill and you're golden!

maireeka
I absolutely have no life
Posts: 6257
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:40 pm
Location: Little Hartselle Town

Post by maireeka » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:42 am

$112k lmfao. Have you any idea how many fox bodies...
Miata, wrx, 4runner

Patrick

ZoominSS
I have no life
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:19 pm
Location: Hartselle, AL

Post by ZoominSS » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:51 am

Nemo wrote:Just wait about 5 years and you can pick it up for 30k.
This is literally my thought. See the R8
2014 Corvette

User avatar
OMGWTFBODY
I absolutely have no life
Posts: 27743
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: I don't even know anymore

Post by OMGWTFBODY » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:45 am

ZoominSS wrote:
Nemo wrote:Just wait about 5 years and you can pick it up for 30k.
This is literally my thought. See the R8
Cheapest one I see is still over 50k and it's 12 years old with 57k miles.
STeeL wrote:Not a bad price for unlimited dicks.

ZoominSS
I have no life
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:19 pm
Location: Hartselle, AL

Post by ZoominSS » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:07 pm

OMGWTFBODY wrote:
ZoominSS wrote:
Nemo wrote:Just wait about 5 years and you can pick it up for 30k.
This is literally my thought. See the R8
Cheapest one I see is still over 50k and it's 12 years old with 57k miles.
Sounds like they really hold their value. There is a reason that folks including myself have looked at them as the cheapest way to get into a higher end exotic car. I know we don’t buy cars typically as an investment but buying any sort of Audi, Mercedes or bmw new is typically financially not smart at all.
2014 Corvette

User avatar
sassafras
Sr. Postwhore
Posts: 1762
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:28 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

Post by sassafras » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:23 pm

OMGWTFBODY wrote:
ZoominSS wrote:
Nemo wrote:Just wait about 5 years and you can pick it up for 30k.
This is literally my thought. See the R8
Cheapest one I see is still over 50k and it's 12 years old with 57k miles.

The V8's are cheap, but you don't want a v8 because everyone will call you a little cheap bitch.

The autos are cheaper as well, but that's because they are terrible.

User avatar
EvilDylan
Die Won
Posts: 5419
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:15 pm
Location: Madison, AL

Post by EvilDylan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:23 pm

OMGWTFBODY wrote:
ZoominSS wrote:
Nemo wrote:Just wait about 5 years and you can pick it up for 30k.
This is literally my thought. See the R8
Cheapest one I see is still over 50k and it's 12 years old with 57k miles.
It's no truck though.
poop with wheels

mastawyrm
Sr. Postwhore
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:12 pm
Location: Ardmore

Post by mastawyrm » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:25 pm

sassafras wrote: The autos are cheaper as well, but that's because they are terrible.
Wait what? I don't know much about those, are they not DSG?

EDIT: Ohhh shit yeah they had one of those awful robot-shifted manuals early on. Yeah definitely stay away from that

User avatar
OMGWTFBODY
I absolutely have no life
Posts: 27743
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: I don't even know anymore

Post by OMGWTFBODY » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:14 pm

sassafras wrote:
OMGWTFBODY wrote:
ZoominSS wrote:
Nemo wrote:Just wait about 5 years and you can pick it up for 30k.
This is literally my thought. See the R8
Cheapest one I see is still over 50k and it's 12 years old with 57k miles.

The V8's are cheap, but you don't want a v8 because everyone will call you a little cheap bitch.

The autos are cheaper as well, but that's because they are terrible.
I mean a 50% depreciation after 12 years is pretty damn good though...

Especially compared to something like an A6 or A8.
STeeL wrote:Not a bad price for unlimited dicks.

User avatar
Bateman
I absolutely have no life
Posts: 6320
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:59 pm
Location: Woodville, AL

Post by Bateman » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:08 pm

My girlfriend has always loved the RS6 (sedan) and a part of me likes them. I mean they did the head lights so right that every mfg. on earth now has some form of led running light up front lol. They look damn good and the older model 4.2 v8's with roots blowers (i think?) sounded awesome.

ZoominSS
I have no life
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:19 pm
Location: Hartselle, AL

Post by ZoominSS » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:17 pm

OMGWTFBODY wrote:
sassafras wrote:
OMGWTFBODY wrote:
ZoominSS wrote:
Nemo wrote:Just wait about 5 years and you can pick it up for 30k.
This is literally my thought. See the R8
Cheapest one I see is still over 50k and it's 12 years old with 57k miles.

The V8's are cheap, but you don't want a v8 because everyone will call you a little cheap bitch.

The autos are cheaper as well, but that's because they are terrible.
I mean a 50% depreciation after 12 years is pretty damn good though...

Especially compared to something like an A6 or A8.
I see your point but most Audi’s has well over 50k miles after 12 years.
2014 Corvette

User avatar
EvilZ
I absolutely have no life
Posts: 7060
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: Madison, AL

Post by EvilZ » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:02 pm

Personally I see the Audi R8’s with a V10 and manuals on the rise in the next few years.

Most of the regular cars drop like rocks but if you stick with the S line stuff and TDI stuff you can do ok on resell as long as you let someone else take that initial hit. Plus most of the newer stuff isn’t that bad to maintain in my opinion. It’s mainly fluids and and filters.
401k Racing - Like us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/401kracing

MadCow
I have no life
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:41 am

Post by MadCow » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:24 pm

That thing looks sweet. I have a soft spot for sport wagons. Something about it reminds me of a Saab for some reason.
89 Mustang LX... Are these jack stands welded to my car?

Post Reply