2009 Z06 98k miles
15%
2012 Grand Sport 88k miles
77%

Total votes: 26

FEENING4A92
Hsvracing Member

Post by FEENING4A92 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:36 pm

Just throwing it out there. I am about to put up my GS for sale. White 2013 11k miles. All stock.
2013 Corvette Grand Sport
1997 Jeep Wrangler
1992 Camaro Z28

CAMARO-MAC
Sr. Postwhore

Post by CAMARO-MAC » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:04 am

I have been tagging Clyde on all of the 500HP+ Corvettes for sale on Facebook. LOL

chevy408
I donated to hsvracing.com!

Post by chevy408 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:18 am

Keep in mind - I'm a tight wad and looking in the mid $20k range. What little practical side I have left towards this purchase, I can't get over the idea of depreciating too much money on a daily driver. Of course it's all relative. 25 years ago I was commuting a $300 Oldsmobile Ciera.

AnthonyRSS
I should help pay for bandwidth

Post by AnthonyRSS » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:13 am

A friend of mine is thinking about selling his black C6Z. Want me to ask him about it for you?

Nemo
ROLL TIDE

Post by Nemo » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:28 am

chevy408 wrote:To be honest, I'm quite blown away with the insight and very thoughtful conversation. This stuff is almost sticky worthy.

Harley - I was glad to see you step in, and wow you didn't disappoint. You and Richard (and EvilZ) probably have the most experience with different Corvettes in this group. Really appreciate you taking the time to put your thoughts down. I am more torn now towards the LS7 than I was 5 minutes ago. Between you and 97_EK's challenge I'm tempted to push the limits on LS7 reliability. The 2007 Atomic orange Z06 was repaired back in 2008. Said the front cradle was cracked so in Louisiana that classified it as a salvage. I do like the color, it's low 22k miles but from this picture it looks like front nose is different tint. Probably difficult to get that Atomic orange to match? I'm going to ask the owner for some more pictures out of the direct sun. He said he didn't notice a color difference in person like it shows in the pictures. But I don't like mis-colored body panels.

Oh, and Dusty, let's just say there might be more than one book...

Love your quote DeSOtO. I'm pretty much a "simple man". I got into Corvettes for the performance, might need to reconsider my roots.
Is it me or do those wheels look like utter shit. I mean do they just go to shit minutes after leaving the assembly line?

mittens
Motorboating Son of a Bitch

Post by mittens » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:37 am

Either polished or silver. But nirmally they clean up easy.
2007 C6 Z06 Corvette, (Heads/Cam/Blower 6psi/Headers/lowered)
2007 Chevy 2500HD (5” strait pipe, Tuned, Deleted & Lifted on 22X12 & 35s)
2002 Sea Ray 340 Sundancer (SouthsideAppartment)
2016 Yamaha FZ (17.0psi @ 9110 rpms & 91 mph)
2004 Big Dog Chopper (Custom)

Bateman
I absolutely have no life

Post by Bateman » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:46 am

It's a 12 year old car with clear coated wheels lol. A good detailer can make them bling again. Or you can strip the clear, polish them to a mirror and seal them. It's not a fun job by any means though.

Felix

Post by Felix » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:57 am

Bateman wrote:It's a 12 year old car with clear coated wheels lol. A good detailer can make them bling again. Or you can strip the clear, polish them to a mirror and seal them. It's not a fun job by any means though.
Or find some later model repos. ;)
Justin
Videos

EvilZ

Post by EvilZ » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:14 am

Having owned a DSOM car (which is really close to Atomic orange) I don’t see any issues with the paint. Those colors have multiple personalities in various light.

One other thing to think about that I know you aware of but no one has brought it up yet is that the 08+ Z06 has the TR6060 and better axles. I realize it’s a daily but I prefer the way the TR6060 shifts.
401k Racing - Like us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/401kracing

Bateman

Post by Bateman » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:16 am

Felix wrote:
Bateman wrote:It's a 12 year old car with clear coated wheels lol. A good detailer can make them bling again. Or you can strip the clear, polish them to a mirror and seal them. It's not a fun job by any means though.
Or find some later model repos. ;)
2012 Cup wheels all the way.

mittens
Motorboating Son of a Bitch

Post by mittens » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:17 pm

While the 6060 is nice and all. It does not matter to me when buying a car it’s just a good thing but if the other car had ONE small thing better I would chose it with a T56. It’s better I agee. But just not a big enough deal to drive a decision on.
2007 C6 Z06 Corvette, (Heads/Cam/Blower 6psi/Headers/lowered)
2007 Chevy 2500HD (5” strait pipe, Tuned, Deleted & Lifted on 22X12 & 35s)
2002 Sea Ray 340 Sundancer (SouthsideAppartment)
2016 Yamaha FZ (17.0psi @ 9110 rpms & 91 mph)
2004 Big Dog Chopper (Custom)

RedSy
Sr. Postwhore

Post by RedSy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:35 pm

mittens wrote:That’s one of the things with rebuild titles. People will automatically see hood gap differnces, or bumper alinement, or paint does not match.. its in us.... the fact is factory’s ones do the same but when your not looking you don’t see it. My factory not touched 20k car don’t line up perfect...

My trans am was rebuilt.. we did it. It lined up better then my
My moms Factory one.

Orange, reds, and yellows looks different with light and angles... I bet it’s fine. Worth a flight sometimes 2-400 bucks can looks see crawl around it... can come back and buy it buy then if you Cary the money with.. its alll in planning with options.

Your eyes can see things when told one thing vs the other. Same with seeing a clean car and it’s ugly as hell in person. Sometimes perfect ones look bad in pics. I don’t see someone rebuilding it and letting it slide not matching. How long has he had it redone? Is it a flip or his car for a while?

Personally don’t think it does not match in those pics look how the door is dark where it’s vertical, and right behind the headlight bright where sun is strait on it.. think it’s just how they look. Car looks clean in those pics

Edit: one more thought. My dad was totally against me rebuilding a car. But these cars now days are modular, what’s damaged is bolted on and replaced for the most part. Not like back in the day slotting homes and shit.. oh it needs bumper cover, bumper support, fender covers, radiator, maybe core support, and paint.. and a bag.. all bolts in and goes nothing to stress about. Like unbrsjng a good
I'm with Harley. It could have been smashed to bits and have a clear title/clear vehicle history and no one looks twice, or it cold have been bumped pulling out of the dealer lot new and totaled because of a damaged headlight and scuffed clear coat on the hood and fender and it'll get picked apart by some "expert".

You buy them cheaper and you sell them cheaper, it's generally a wash with depreciation you would have taken on a clear title car. The longer you keep it, the better it works out for you. Just do your due diligence and look over it really well.
2011 Infiniti G37 sedan
1992 GMC (Prototype) Syclone #4855
1991 GMC Syclone (SOLD)
1986 Fiero GT 3800sc
1983 Camaro Z28 LT1/M6
EvilZ wrote:I haven't taken the pole yet

mastawyrm
Sr. Postwhore

Post by mastawyrm » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:49 pm

Now this is just my approach to advice so bear with me here.

In my opinion there's a HUGE difference between taking on a rebuild project and telling others they'll be ok dailying a rebuilt car, even when talking to someone who is used to working on cars. I'd imagine most of us on here would probably be just fine dealing with a rebuild and I'd totally encourage someone to go for it after they've made the plunge but will I tell anyone to try it when they're asking? Nope

racinfast002
Special Tool

Post by racinfast002 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:18 pm

mastawyrm wrote:Now this is just my approach to advice so bear with me here.

In my opinion there's a HUGE difference between taking on a rebuild project and telling others they'll be ok dailying a rebuilt car, even when talking to someone who is used to working on cars. I'd imagine most of us on here would probably be just fine dealing with a rebuild and I'd totally encourage someone to go for it after they've made the plunge but will I tell anyone to try it when they're asking? Nope
disagree. Mainly because unless it was flood vehicle, they are generally totaled and rebuilt because they were wrecked. It doesn’t make them any less reliable than any other vehicle. If everything got replaced and replaced correctly I don’t have any issues with it. We bought my wife an escape one time that was super low miles and a rebuild and drove it for years with absolutely zero issues.
JUSTIN
Krispy Kreme wrote:Yall think I don't get girls. Cause I ain't very tall, but if she sees my stacks I'd bet you that she'd call.

Buzzmanb12
Sr. Postwhore

Post by Buzzmanb12 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:06 am

Y'all missed that he said it looks to him like the bumper doesn't match and that he doesn't like non matching panels, is waiting on more pics...

I ride with Clyde on mis-matched B.S.
BuzzMobile MODS: U of A license plate frame,a sticker and some other goodies.
MODS Needed: Better DRIVER! haha.