Any car hangouts or streetracing?

General auto enthusiast topics...

Moderators: DEALER1, RichardA, Prin

sassafras
Sr. Postwhore

Post by sassafras » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:15 pm

Come out to Planet Fitness in Madison (Corner of 72 and Wall Triana) Saturday around 10 if the weather is clear. There are a few of us that are going to separate from the crowd and go do a few rolls. A couple of faster cars coming up from Montgomery as well. You'll find something in your power range. Shoot me a pm with your phone number and I can relay more info.

wtfmarine
Jr. Postwhore

Post by wtfmarine » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:47 pm

To much to loose racing on the street. I use to do it all the time and hurt a lot feelings with my little 3 series BMW. Last roll race ended in the other guy getting arrested and carted off to jail with his car being towed away. He had to do the fly by after I left him standing still. I saw a glimpse of a reflector in the median and stood on the brakes. I'm pretty sure he was running north of 160 when he passed the cop.

I'll be back at the track once I put a new transmission in. Yeah you can break stuff launching your car but you can also roll racing if you are putting down real power and hook. I would rather break at the track around a group of gear heads then be stranded along side the road at 2am in BFE. Thats just my opinion though. Have fun and be safe would hate to have you as a patient.
07 335i Sedan with some stank on it
79 Chevy K20
Need something welded? Shoot me a PM.

bigbadbowtie
Biggest Post Whore Ever!

Post by bigbadbowtie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:54 am

One of the local guys from the agearhead4life group is doing a cruise in/grudge race around the 1st week in August. Think they are meeting at the Hardee's on 53 and Research. They are cruising to HSV dragway shortly after. Im thinking of going to watch as my s10 does not have anything for most of the cars on here... YET.

EDIT...

*Details**
-Meet at Hardee's (3751 AL Highway 53, Huntsville, AL 35806) at -7AM- for breakfast, car talk, and call outs. The gas station across the street carries 110 if you so choose.
-Afterward, we will all head to the drag strip. The address is 502 Quarter Mountain Rd, Harvest, AL 35749.
-At the strip there will be 3 options for you. 1) Participate in Run What You Brung. 2) Test & tune your ride. 3) Grudge race fellow gear heads.

**Rules**
~Your ride must be able to drive to the drag strip. (No trailers)
~Pay the $20 entrance fee to Huntsville Dragway.
~Have fun!!
~As with all of our AGH4L events, this event will be family friendly.
Ray

MethZO6
I need to post more

Post by MethZO6 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:49 am

sassafras wrote:Come out to Planet Fitness in Madison (Corner of 72 and Wall Triana) Saturday around 10 if the weather is clear. There are a few of us that are going to separate from the crowd and go do a few rolls. A couple of faster cars coming up from Montgomery as well. You'll find something in your power range. Shoot me a pm with your phone number and I can relay more info.
Man I really appreciate that info! I knew there had to be something out there. PM sent. :D

MethZO6
I need to post more

Post by MethZO6 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:01 pm

bigbadbowtie wrote:One of the local guys from the agearhead4life group is doing a cruise in/grudge race around the 1st week in August. Think they are meeting at the Hardee's on 53 and Research. They are cruising to HSV dragway shortly after. Im thinking of going to watch as my s10 does not have anything for most of the cars on here... YET.

EDIT...

*Details**
-Meet at Hardee's (3751 AL Highway 53, Huntsville, AL 35806) at -7AM- for breakfast, car talk, and call outs. The gas station across the street carries 110 if you so choose.
-Afterward, we will all head to the drag strip. The address is 502 Quarter Mountain Rd, Harvest, AL 35749.
-At the strip there will be 3 options for you. 1) Participate in Run What You Brung. 2) Test & tune your ride. 3) Grudge race fellow gear heads.

**Rules**
~Have fun!!
Thanks I'll have to check that out as well. Sounds like a good time to be had.

MethZO6
I need to post more

Post by MethZO6 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:35 pm

Michael V wrote:It's the fear of getting caught. At least for me..even watching can get you arrested. It just ain't worth it.
You can thank TFTF for that with the mainstreaming of streetracing. Suddenly every idiot in a civic weaving through traffic thought they were Vin Diesel. As we all know the more idiots you have doing something the more accidents/death that occur, the more laws put in place, etc, etc, etc.

I watched a documentary the other night about ricer streetracing in Vancouver. The police had an huge elaborate task force setup to stop 100's of ricers from racing. Its was absolutely ridiculous. You'd think they were US spec ops setting up to infitrate a drug cartel. I guess that's the state of things now though.

EvilZ
I absolutely have no life

Post by EvilZ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:03 pm

I'm pretty sure you posted something on HCS but I didn't reply because I had no clue who you were. Talk to ryan and he can get you lined up for this weekend.
401k Racing - Like us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/401kracing

Speedracer61
I donated to hsvracing.com!

Post by Speedracer61 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:53 pm

Whats the date on this and where is it posted?

bigbadbowtie wrote:One of the local guys from the agearhead4life group is doing a cruise in/grudge race around the 1st week in August. Think they are meeting at the Hardee's on 53 and Research. They are cruising to HSV dragway shortly after. Im thinking of going to watch as my s10 does not have anything for most of the cars on here... YET.

EDIT...

*Details**

**Rules**
~Have fun!!

Pr4mnceMan

Post by Pr4mnceMan » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:58 pm

That's when I really got out...no time for a "drag" car & can't afford the professional repercussions of street racing. So now I'm just a bitch with a sandy clit. :lol:

When I changed professions I got on an 8 month probation for a background issue where we all got caught street racing at chicken farmers in Lawrence County in what 2007? And that was almost 4 years later.
Can't fix stupid.

Why should I have to change my name? He’s the one that sucks!

Tackleberry

Post by Tackleberry » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:39 am

Pr4mnceMan wrote:That's when I really got out...no time for a "drag" car & can't afford the professional repercussions of street racing. So now I'm just a bitch with a sandy clit. :lol:

When I changed professions I got on an 8 month probation for a background issue where we all got caught street racing at chicken farmers in Lawrence County in what 2007? And that was almost 4 years later.
That's gay.

Nemo
ROLL TIDE

Post by Nemo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:41 am

FTP!

bigbadbowtie
Biggest Post Whore Ever!

Post by bigbadbowtie » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:02 am

https://www.facebook.com/AGH4LMeetsAndRides/

Just a little bit down on the page. You don't have to have a FB account to see it. Seems like a good bit of people are going.
Speedracer61 wrote:Whats the date on this and where is it posted?

EDIT...

*Details**

**Rules**
~Have fun!!
Ray

OMGWTFBODY

Post by OMGWTFBODY » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:32 pm

I limit my involvement because it could cost me employment. I'll watch, though.
STeeL wrote:Not a bad price for unlimited dicks.

66ChevelleTT
I donated to hsvracing.com!

Post by 66ChevelleTT » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:50 am

OMGWTFBODY wrote:I limit my involvement because it could cost me employment. I'll watch, though.
Yep, I can't afford to do this anymore. I drive a company vehicle and have to maintain a squeaky clean driving record. Sucks to be old! :oops:
Dave
a couple of mustangs and some old chebbysImage

bigbadbowtie
Biggest Post Whore Ever!

Post by bigbadbowtie » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:45 am

66ChevelleTT wrote:
OMGWTFBODY wrote:I limit my involvement because it could cost me employment. I'll watch, though.
Yep, I can't afford to do this anymore. I drive a company vehicle and have to maintain a squeaky clean driving record. Sucks to be old! :oops:
You still need to get that TT ride back on the road. The track is still ok for us old guys. :lol:
Ray