Any car hangouts or streetracing?

General auto enthusiast topics...

Moderators: DEALER1, RichardA, Prin

MethZO6
I need to post more

Any car hangouts or streetracing?

Post by MethZO6 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:37 pm

Curious about the Huntsville area. I used to street race @ Martin Rd back in the early to mid 90's. Guys would gather at the SuperShops and Haysland parking area on Fri/Sat nights to hang out then go race. People all ages and from all walks of life with a common interest. I have some really good memories from that era. 20 years later I'm getting into cars again and I'm just curious if anything fun still exists? Is the random traffic light race all that's around this area? No car hangouts even ? Nothing? Seems kinda dull but I've been outta the loop for years.

sp00n
I absolutely have no life

Post by sp00n » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:58 pm

I do FFL and NFA transfers! PM me or see us on Facebook
www.quietprofessionalfirearms.com
Dan the Landscaping Man
Mowing, Hedge Trimming, Leaf/Debris Cleanup,
Brush Clearing, Storm Damage Services & more
256-426-7095

J.R.

Post by J.R. » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:05 pm

Welcome to HSVRacing. Most of the older guys are doing the family thing nowadays. Some have built 5 and 6 second rides so the "street" car is up to the person. As far as street racing there are some on here that still do. They should pipe in here some time. Lots of good folks on here. Seeing as your ride is a vette look up Clyde, Chevy408. He will know more about the street thing than me. Have Fun!
Jeff

Because........I'm the Crypt Keeper Bitch!

J.R.

Post by J.R. » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:07 pm

sp00n wrote:Image
:oops: :oops: :oops: Oh yeah..........we got a lot of 20-30 somehtings in here to. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jeff

Because........I'm the Crypt Keeper Bitch!

MethZO6
I need to post more

Post by MethZO6 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:14 pm

sp00n wrote:Image
Made me chuckle . Seriously though back when I streetraced all the old guys won because they had the most money and the fastest cars :D

MethZO6
I need to post more

Post by MethZO6 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:20 pm

J.R. wrote:Welcome to HSVRacing. Most of the older guys are doing the family thing nowadays. Some have built 5 and 6 second rides so the "street" car is up to the person. As far as street racing there are some on here that still do. They should pipe in here some time. Lots of good folks on here. Seeing as your ride is a vette look up Clyde, Chevy408. He will know more about the street thing than me. Have Fun!
Hey Thanks for the answer. I was a member here before but I couldn't remember my username. That was awhile back when I was into stuntriding bikes though. Got too old for that so it's back to fast cars.

Nemo
ROLL TIDE

Post by Nemo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:37 pm

Your name isn't Jeremy is it?

MethZO6
I need to post more

Post by MethZO6 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:40 pm

Nemo wrote:Your name isn't Jeremy is it?
Brett. Used to ride in 256Nrth. Then I got old.

mastawyrm
Sr. Postwhore

Post by mastawyrm » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:46 pm

There's an autocross this sunday if you enjoy the cone dodging thing. Plenty of vettes show up there.

core-rider
Sr. Postwhore

Post by core-rider » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:51 pm

MethZO6 wrote:
Same Brett that used to race the 85 GT? Hey man this is Jason... Formally white 90 LX, now 93 Lightning. I traded racing for boats & hoes. :lol:

Damn you did get old if you're pimping a Vette! :oops: :lol:
Jason L.
Black '93 Lightning #439
Built 2/16/1993
Wakefactory.net Co-founder

C^2
HSVracing's Realtor

Post by C^2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:57 pm

MethZO6 wrote:
Haha, small world. I've watched you and Bob ride in that old parking lot off of Green Cove years ago. Welcome to the forum..again.

MethZO6
I need to post more

Post by MethZO6 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:24 pm

core-rider wrote:
MethZO6 wrote:
Same Brett that used to race the 85 GT? Hey man this is Jason... Formally white 90 LX, now 93 Lightning. I traded racing for boats & hoes. :lol:

Hey Jason! Yep, same Brett. It's been a long time, and yes I need the old man "vette hat" to wear while driving around. :D I remember seeing you out on that black wakeboarding boat on the river a few times. It was really sweet. I don't know if you ever saw it but I had a 74 Hallet Bubbledeck jetboat w/454 I would run on the river. It was alot of fun and I miss it.

Just finished the vette (for now) and was reminiscing about the old street racing days so figured I'd post on here. Kinda boring when you have something built and the only thing to do with it is blast it sideways down an old dusty road then go park it in a garage. No one to show off in front of or anything haha. :D Miss those days!
Last edited by MethZO6 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MethZO6
I need to post more

Post by MethZO6 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:26 pm

C^2 wrote:
MethZO6 wrote:
Haha, small world. I've watched you and Bob ride in that old parking lot off of Green Cove years ago. Welcome to the forum..again.
Thanks, yeah those were fun times. Everyone grew up and moved on. Family's, kids, age etc. Sold my last sportbike last year. Don't miss it a bit oddly enough.

MethZO6
I need to post more

Post by MethZO6 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:27 pm

mastawyrm wrote:There's an autocross this sunday if you enjoy the cone dodging thing. Plenty of vettes show up there.
Thanks for the info I'll check that out if it's not raining.

core-rider
Sr. Postwhore

Post by core-rider » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:42 pm

MethZO6 wrote:
core-rider wrote:
MethZO6 wrote:

Hey Jason! Yep, same Brett. It's been a long time, and yes I need the old man "vette hat" to wear while driving around. :D I remember seeing you out on that black wakeboarding boat on the river a few times. It was really sweet. I don't know if you ever saw it but I had a 74 Hallet Bubbledeck jetboat w/454 I would run on the river. It was alot of fun and I miss it.

Just finished the vette (for now) and was reminiscing about the old street racing days so figured I'd post on here. Kinda boring when you have something built and the only thing to do with it is blast it sideways down an old dusty road then go park it in a garage. No one to show off in front of or anything haha. :D Miss those days!
Yeah I remember your boat... I got out of the racing scene accept for the odd trip to the strip for RadialFest or something. You ought to come out to Providence for 1st Wednesdays and catch up with the car guys out there. Bunch of cool shit alone with a few old school guys now and then.
Jason L.
Black '93 Lightning #439
Built 2/16/1993
Wakefactory.net Co-founder