Anybody know who drives this Lightning?

General auto enthusiast topics...

Moderators: DEALER1, RichardA, Prin

CarJunkieLS1
I need to post more

Anybody know who drives this Lightning?

Post by CarJunkieLS1 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:54 pm

I am basically wanting to know some more info about this truck. It is a SVT lightning that is black and the personalized tag says L1tning or something similiar. Someone has to know this truck I had a little fun beside this truck Friday. It seemed REALLY fast. I'd like to get an even run with it because I don't chase.

If anyone knows this guy get him in this thread so maybe we can set something up.

Beckham2
I absolutely have no life

Post by Beckham2 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:09 pm

Did it have black aftermarket wheels?

CarJunkieLS1
I need to post more

Post by CarJunkieLS1 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Honestly I didn't notice the wheels. But it was a white guy driving. It had to have some kind of motor work done because it appeared to move out well. I however couldn't hear it at all over my tru-duals.

Just wish I knew because I think my car and this truck could be a real good run. He kept wanting for me to chase and I DON'T chase. I was just trying to get him to line up and get a clean run.

J.R.

Post by J.R. » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:17 pm

Let's see here...........I'll go out on a limb and say you've got a 02 f-body with "true duels" and your looking to race a Lightning that you believe has had some work done to it. But your wanting a "clean" start because you DON'T CHASE. Breaking News.....you'll be chasing from a "clean start" or however yall start the race. As far as who owns the Lightning, pick someone............there's more Lightning and x-Lightning owners on this sight then Carters got liver pills. All of them modded to one extant or another. And fast.

Welcome to Drama central.
Jeff

Because........I'm the Crypt Keeper Bitch!

ohchiiit
Sr. Postwhore

Post by ohchiiit » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:27 pm

how about a little clean run with a lx mustang? id be happy to break you in and show you the ass end quick!!! :lol:

Beckham2

Post by Beckham2 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:54 pm

If it had black wheels, he's on here and it is a mean Lightning.

CarJunkieLS1
I need to post more

Post by CarJunkieLS1 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:55 pm

Well I'm definitely down and BTW my car is no where near tru-duals only. I never said it was either. I know that the lightning is not stock and I believe it is Travis's old truck. However I'm not 100% positive on that. If it indeed is then its a ported blower, pulley, intercooler, stall, and spray. If I was true duals only there's no way in the world I'd had been able to catch him from 3+ cars back. I just wanted to know who drove it so MAYBE I could get a clean run with it to see where I stand...

CarJunkieLS1
I need to post more

Post by CarJunkieLS1 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:58 pm

Beckham2 wrote:If it had black wheels, he's on here and it is a mean Lightning.
Could you revert that person to this thread to see if it was him. This event was last Friday afternoon so if it was this guy then he'll know what I'm talking about.

Don't want Drama if I wanted that I'd go to Hondatech

jsm11
I donated to hsvracing.com!

Post by jsm11 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:01 pm

CarJunkieLS1 wrote:
Beckham2 wrote:If it had black wheels, he's on here and it is a mean Lightning.
Could you revert that person to this thread to see if it was him. This event was last Friday afternoon so if it was this guy then he'll know what I'm talking about.

Don't want Drama if I wanted that I'd go to Hondatech
Then your in the wrong forum....

This is hsvdrama.com

:wink: :lol:

sp00n

Post by sp00n » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:12 pm

I can't see any racing from this bench and its making my penis soft.
I do FFL and NFA transfers! PM me or see us on Facebook
www.quietprofessionalfirearms.com
Dan the Landscaping Man
Mowing, Hedge Trimming, Leaf/Debris Cleanup,
Brush Clearing, Storm Damage Services & more
256-426-7095

FEENING4A92
Hsvracing Member

Post by FEENING4A92 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:29 pm

I know the guy you are talking about. I work with him. He has a personalized tag that says LTNING on it. He works in Athens and lives off County Line Rd. He bought the truck new. Im not sure what year or if anythhing has been done to it. I don't think he'd run you but who knows. It is pretty quick though.

CarJunkieLS1
I need to post more

Post by CarJunkieLS1 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:37 pm

FEENING4A92 wrote:I know the guy you are talking about. I work with him. He has a personalized tag that says LTNING on it. He works in Athens and lives out in Copperfield. He bought the truck new. Im not sure what year or if anythhing has been done to it. I don't think he'd run you but who knows. It is pretty quick though.
If you don't think he'd run me...well my experience says otherwise. The tag was definitely personalized and said "lightning" just don't know exactly how it was spelled out. If you don't mind ask him about last Friday afternoon with a Camaro. See what he says.

OMGWTFBODY

Post by OMGWTFBODY » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:01 pm

*yawn* if it didn't shoot a spark plug or rod at you, it was nothing to write home about.
STeeL wrote:Not a bad price for unlimited dicks.

Petro

Post by Petro » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:03 pm

TRU-DUALS= like 100hp gain!!!!
"Greater Love Hath No Man Than This, That A Man Lay Down His Life For His Friends" John 15:13
R.I.P. Brothers In Arms
“When you can do the common things of life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.” -George Washington Carver

Wilson!

Post by Wilson! » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:21 pm

I know the f-body in question, and it has a little more than true duals. Not the fastest on the board, but he never claimed it to be.