GTR info

General auto enthusiast topics...

Moderators: DEALER1, RichardA, Prin

RichardA

GTR info

Post by RichardA » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:07 pm

For all you who plan on running out and buying a new GTR...you may want to check this out. I'd be interested in how true this is....Just something to swing on...

Found the link on another forum.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/3 ... ut-the-gtr

"One of my techs just got back from a special Nissan training GTR deal. Here are some interesting Facts.

-Can only launch the car 15 times before the transmission gives out. The most Nissan has got was 34 launches.

-The fluid lists at 80 dollars a quart. It costs dealerships 49.99 a quart. The car takes 10 quarts.

-The warranty depends on the driving, there is a black box in it just like an airplane.

-Customers have to sign a waiver stating they will not complain about brake or transmission noise.

-The brakes MUST be replaced at the same time, cost for replacing 6500.

-If something goes wrong other than an oil change at the dealership, a special team needs to be called and your outta a car for a while."

Also, here's a link where a dealership was caught racing them...

http://www.gtrblog.com/index.php/2008/0 ... ry-?blog=4

How fast are they?? :lol:

Felix
I absolutely have no life

Post by Felix » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:28 pm

I've heard some of these rumors too. I would be very interested in knowing how many of them are true and myth. Only so I can rip on them some more. :P
Justin
Videos

Beckham

Post by Beckham » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:50 pm

I've heard most of those, too.

LowFire

Post by LowFire » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:54 pm

HA!

ImageGotta Love HSVRacing Drama Image

1995 Sunflower - The RiceFire
1998 Vette - 6.9s on motor
2008 TBSS - Sans muffler
2008 H-D VRSCDX - LOUD NOISES!

heaman
Sr. Postwhore

Post by heaman » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:55 pm

A black box. Seriously?
Heath
-------

JZ 97 SS 1500
I need to go single

Post by JZ 97 SS 1500 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Fact...the tranmission costs 14,000 from Nissan. Also the turbos cost 4K for Nissan and are units taken out of the STI....lol

DEALER1
Chairman of the Whored

Post by DEALER1 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:16 pm

Its an ugly ass car too.
__Tony_________________________

stuff

EvilZ

Post by EvilZ » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:52 pm

i think i'll take a new z06 instead
401k Racing - Like us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/401kracing

Dakar318

Post by Dakar318 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:53 pm

The new GTOs have a black box... LOTS of new cars do.

KeithGT
Sr. Postwhore

Post by KeithGT » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:21 pm

DEALER1 wrote:Its an ugly ass car too.
Oh hell nah! :lol:
'11 335I
'15 Audi SQ5
'76 C10
'77 C10
'89 Harley Sportster bobber

STeeL
I donated to hsvracing.com!

Post by STeeL » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:26 am

I seriously doubt Nissan would take the time to hand build transmissions and market them in a high end super car if it couldn't lauch a dozen times without breaking. Thats something you NEVER hear about any of their stuff, especially direct from the factory in stock trim. No GT-R before it has tranny problems, even when they when quadruple their stock power.
- Jonathan, CUDOS (Communalism, Universalism, Disinterestedness, and Organized Skepticism)
Those who are governed by reason desire nothing for themselves which they do not also desire for the rest of humankind.

Drewfus_'11SportWagon
I should help pay for bandwidth

Post by Drewfus_'11SportWagon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:03 am

What "fluid" costs $80 a quart? Is it made from baby tears?

Here is the info on the new Pontiac (G8 specifically) Event Data Recorder:

Event Data Recorders
This vehicle has an Event Data Recorder (EDR). The main purpose of an EDR is to record, in certain crash or near crash-like situations, such as an airbag deployment or hitting a road obstacle, data that will assist in understanding how a vehicle's systems performed. The EDR is designed to record data related to vehicle dynamics and safety systems for a short period of time, typically 30 seconds or less. The EDR in this vehicle is designed to record such data as:

• How various systems in your vehicle were operating

• Whether or not the driver and passenger safety belts were buckled/fastened

• How far, if at all, the driver was pressing the accelerator and/or brake pedal

• How fast the vehicle was traveling

This data can help provide a better understanding of the circumstances in which crashes and injuries occur.

Important: EDR data is recorded by your vehicle only if a non-trivial crash situation occurs; no data is recorded by the EDR under normal driving conditions and no personal data (e.g., name, gender, age, and crash location) is recorded. However, other parties, such as law enforcement, could combine the EDR data with the type of personally identifying data routinely acquired during a crash investigation.

To read data recorded by an EDR, special equipment is required, and access to the vehicle or the EDR is needed. In addition to the vehicle manufacturer, other parties, such as law enforcement, that have the special equipment, can read the information if they have access to the vehicle or the EDR.

GM will not access this data or share it with others except: with the consent of the vehicle owner or, if the vehicle is leased, with the consent of the lessee; in response to an official request of police or similar government office; as part of GM's defense of litigation through the discovery process; or, as required by law. Data that GM collects or receives may also be used for GM research needs or may be made available to others for research purposes, where a need is shown and the data is not tied to a specific vehicle or vehicle owner.
OMGWTFBODY wrote:Kyle: Balling out of control since 2008.

Toaster SC
I should help pay for bandwidth

Post by Toaster SC » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:51 am

I seriously hope nissan is going to do something about the tranny issue. The Launch control is an actual feature of the car so shouldnt be able to deny people warrenty replacment for using it. Unless they want to keep replacing 14,000 dollar transmissions they better build one thats bullet proof enough to handle the stock set up

usmcrebel

Post by usmcrebel » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:03 am

i thought they were supposed to trap like 120+
"The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."
-Col. Robert J. Coates, USMC

1911: Because pistol whipping someone with plastic won't get your point across.

RichardA

Post by RichardA » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:37 am

Subie wrote:I seriously hope nissan is going to do something about the tranny issue. The Launch control is an actual feature of the car so shouldnt be able to deny people warrenty replacment for using it. Unless they want to keep replacing 14,000 dollar transmissions they better build one thats bullet proof enough to handle the stock set up
That's just it, they don't have to replace the trannys under warranty if you void it through their small print and black box data.

I was hoping this was all just meaningless rumors.